Friday, February 17, 2012

Part 2 of Kingstin's Birth Story

(If you missed part 1 go HERE to get caught up )

After telling my husband as we sat at a stop light that I felt the urge to push, he didn't wait around he ran the red light and grabbed my hand. I can remember him looking over at me and me telling him that I couldn't hold on any longer!

We pulled up to the hospital And I instructed Mitch to let me out and go park the car! I was able to walk to the elevator, the doors opened and I stepped on but before the doors could close I hit the floor (yes I know that nasty elevator, but what's a girl to do?) The doors opened for me to get off and I continued to crawl to the nurse sitting at the desk! I was crying so hard and telling her I have to push! By that time Mitch was there! They rushed me to a "holding room" as I got somewhat on my bed, a nurse checked me and her eyes where huge, Baby King was coming very soon! She stuck her head out the curtain and yelled some kind of nurse code and a few came running and before I knew it I was in the delivery room... it all was just happening to fast!

Now rewind during the drive there and the crawling in the nasty hospital floor my mom had picked my grandmother up and called our a friend Rhonda that attends church with us, she works in the Labor and Delivery unit in our local hospital and they where there by the time I was put in the room, and man was that one of the best sights a girl could have ever seen!

Ok fast forward! I was laying on my side screaming at the top of my lungs... yes I was the chick that everyone sees in the movies, cussing, sweating and lots of yelling but Rhonda was so calming. She just has this peace over her and God has given that women a gift to be able to share with women, and i thank God everyday for her being able to share that special day with us! She was able to get me calm enough to breath. I kept looking at her with tear filled eyes and telling her there was no way I could do with without any drugs! I had just been told that it was to late to get a epidural and she would rub my head and hold my hand and tell me that she knew I could do it and I was going to do it! She is awesome! Thanks again Rhonda!

I had to wait for an hour for my doctor to get there to deliver (ha ha just kidding maybe 5mins but it felt like an hour). My water was still attached and I was a full 10 cm and ready to push but no nurses were able to deliver unless my water broke! They called in a back up Doctor just in case my Doctor didn't make it! As the back up doctor was putting all his gear on, in walks my Doctor (another amazing site). He asked me if I was ready, not sure what my answer was but I'm pretty sure it was "Hell yes" and I'm not even someone to cuss!

(Sorry if this is TMI) I rolled over and put my legs up and there went my water all over everyone along my bed side ( love you Mitch) and two big pushes and poof he was out!



My beautiful baby boy was here! I was at the hospital for a total of 25 mins before he was born, no epidural, no pain meds nothing, that was major pain but majorly worth it!

When they laid that little baby on my bear chest it was just a good feeling! You forget the pain and just fall in love all over again!



Miller was so excited to meet his baby brother! I was a little scared that he would have some kind of adjustment issues but he didn't, he is by far the most caring, most loving and most protective big brother I know!

2 comments:

  1. Such an amazing birth story! Birthday wishes to little Kingstin, hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for being such an inspiration as not only friends but as mothers, too! You both have inspired me to share my life as well through blogging and I enjoy reading your posts. Many hugs! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hollie! Hey you're a pretty inspiring momma there yourself! We'll definatley be checking out your blog!

    ReplyDelete