Friday, February 17, 2012

Kingstin's Birth Story

My baby boy will be 1 this Saturday and this is his birth story! Sorry if it's long but I had to write down the most important parts so one day I can look back and have that wonderful memory! (this is part one) Enjoy :)

It was a sad Saturday, my family and I had to say goodbye to my great Uncle Jimmy. While sitting  through the funeral I remember thinking to myself "something just don't feel right."  I wrote it off as being 30 weeks pregnant, tired after running around getting Miller to my friend Lindsey's house and emotionally drained. We kissed our friends and family goodbye as we jumped in our car to follow behind the hearse to the hour away drive to the Smith Family Graveyard. All I could think about was I wanted to get home and go to bed.



The rest of the afternoon/night I kept feeling what I thought were "branxton hicks". Around 7 that night I decided to call the on call nurse. She advised me to head right to the hospital. I got there and was hooked up to monitors to find out I was in labor, I had contractions 5-7 mins apart! We spent many hours laying on that hard bed, but with the help of amazing medicine and a wonderful Doctor we were able to get the contractions under control.
For the next 8 weeks we took it easy and stayed in close contact with the doctor.


Almost exactly 8 weeks to the day, we where getting our oldest son Miller ready for bed when I told Mitch I thought we should go to the hospital! I had contractions all day that day and was just scared to wait since we had already been to the hospital once and Miller came pretty fast! We loaded Miller up, dropped him off with my dad and Mitch, my mom, grandmother and myself headed to the hospital!

Now if you would told me that when it was a full moon women really do go into labor I would have told you that was a crock of crap :) BUT it was a full moon and let me tell you they had women sitting in the waiting room waiting for a bed! I finally was placed in a "holding" room hooked up to monitors and told I was only dilated to 3 and my contractions where bouncing from 20 mins apart to 7 mins apart! We where instructed to walk the halls and come back in one hour! After walking I was checked again with not much progress. We where given the choice to stay there and walk or go home and walk the mall and get rest, and come back when my contractions where 3-5 mins apart,we choose to go home!



Being the wonderful wife I am we went home to sleep for a little then headed to the golf course to "bump" this baby out :) After the golf course we went to walk the mall then headed to get Miller from daycare.

All day my contractions were 15-20 mins apart maybe 10 min here and there! Around 7:00 that night (still 10- 20 mins apart) each time I had a contraction I would HIT the floor, bent over double, horrible pain. Mitch kept telling me we should go to the hospital and me being the stubborn person I am kept telling him NO they are not 3-5 mins apart yet! Meanwhile my mom had been calling off and on to check on me, but this time when she called she called at the exact same time I had my longest most painful contraction yet, she advised Mitch to not listen to me and not listen to the Dr. but to grab Miller and put my butt in the car!

While driving to my parents I can remember praying to God "Dear God if I can just make it to my parents house and let Miller out so I can scream to the top of my lungs." I had done so good playing it cool that I didn't want to let loose in front of him now! My dad met us in the drive way and my mom had already left to get my grandmother! Backing out of the driven way I looked at Mitch and said "I can't hold it in anymore I have to scream" so scream I did, for a mile or so! We got to a red light and I looked at him and said it again "honey I can't hold it in anymore" his reply was "baby it's ok scream!" my fast response was "NO I really can't hold it in anymore I have to push"!!!




-Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment