Thursday, March 15, 2012

Devil's Food M&M Cookies

The other night was the last night of our home groups our church has done along with the devotions and the house we were going to was doing a pot luck.  I signed up for dessert and after a busy weekend Sunday was here and I still hadn't fixed anything!! I searched through the pantry hoping I wouldn't have to take a trip to the store and I found a cake mix.....but definatley didn't feel like making a cake!  Looking on the box for what I needed I found this crazy easy recipe and it turned out so good I wanted to share it...plus keep it for future reference!! Here it goes :

First the indredients you're going to need is: 
1 Box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup of Oil
M&M's, Chocolate Chips, or Walnuts (all optional)
**Yes this is seriously all these cookies take!

First just dump the cake mix into a bowl and then add your eggs


Next measure out the oil and add in and stir all together

Here is where you can leave the mix as is or add in whatever you'd like.  All it takes is a handful.  I was craving some M&M's so I went with those but I can see other candies added in here.  Oh and I love peanut butter so maybe even some of those new little reece cups for a touch of peanut butter!!! (But you want something bite size)


Next roll out small balls of the mix and place them on a cookie sheet (please excuse my poor cookie sheet!  it's actually the piece of cookware that I use the heck out of therefore it looks like this)


Place in the oven at 375 degrees and cook for 8-10 mins.  Some I took out at 8 minutes and they were still a little doughy but give about 10 minutes and they were perfect.

  Place them on a cookie rack to cool down and that's it!!


I snacked so much on the bag of M&M's I could only take tasting one but they were really good!  Especially straight out of the oven!  This is one of those recipes that's so easy and requires so few ingredients it would be great to make with kids.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Girls - thanks for the recipe. I just did a search on Pinterest for Devil's Food Cookies, and found you! My son has a friend over, and I wanted to make a quick snack w/o all the ingredients & getting out the mixer. This was just what I needed. I often substitute applesauce for oil, and in this case (1st time using the recipe), I used 1/4c. oil, and 1/4c. applesauce. The first batch is ready to go in the oven. I can't wait to try them out! Thanks again! ~Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome and nice to meet you!! Love finding recipes that are really easy, especially when kids are involved!

    ReplyDelete