Thursday, April 26, 2012

We're Still Here

Warning: This is a long post :)

Sorry Friends, we are all still alive and well. Sorry there hasn't been a post the last few days, Aletha's computer got drink spilled on it, so her hubby is working on getting that fixed and me, well I have been in the hospital. We plan on getting back in the blogging world this weekend.
Where do you want me to begin? to say this past week has been crazy would be a total under statement. Let me start with a few months ago. One morning  I woke up and was bent over double, I was experiencing so much pain. I was throwing up and couldn't stand up straight. I just felt like crap. I called the Dr. and he asked me to come in. After being checked out  he sent me for a sonogram on my Gallbladder. At that time they didn't see any Gallstones but said my Gallbladder measured smaller then the average size gallbladder. I decided to not move forward with any other testing and I would just wait it out and see how I felt.

2 weeks ago this Friday Miller came home from school and was up all night that throwing up. He had caught the bug that was going around this school daycare. Thanks to some good Lysol and handsantizer no one else in the house got it (knock on wood). The next day everyone felt fine, we stayed around the house and that afternoon I was able to attended a BEAUTIFUL wedding of a young lady I use to work with, I still have the honor of working with her mother.

Me, Mitchell, Amy, Mom, Robin

The rest of the weekend was great. The following Wednesday I got up as normal and got ready for work, kissed my boys bye and out the door I headed. When I got to work, I had started to not feel great but was going to deal with it and get my work done. Come about 9:30 it was all I could do not to throw up, it all just hit so fast. I sent my WONDERFUL supervisor an email and told her I was leaving for the day. I called Mitch told him the bug had bit me and I was going home to crawl back under the covers. From 10:00 - 12:00 when I called the Dr. I had thrown up every 10 minutes, I couldn't even hold water down, I was bent over double couldn't stand up, in pain. The Dr. told me I needed to head to the ER, my daddy came to pick me up and Mitch was soon to meet me there. When I got there they got me back and hooked me up to an IV, gave me meds to help with the throwing up and I crawled into the small lumpy hospital bed.


They performed a CT scan on my belly, and sent me back to the little room in the ER to wait for the test to be read. I laid in the bed while me sweet husband rubbed my hair and kissed my forehead waiting for the results. When that cute little small gray headed Dr. came in, wearing his little blue scrubs and said "well I have an answer to your sickness" I could have kissed him. He said I had mush in my Gallbladder (Gallbladder disease) a stone in and on the outside of the Gallbladder along with a stone on my appendix. He was going to send me to a room and I would meet with my surgeon in the morning and get both taken out. That night I was able to get as much rest as you can away from my bed, my two little men and hooked up to IV's.



The next day I met with my surgeon and everything was on go for that night, yep I said that night at 5:00.... that means I had to go ALL day with no food or drinks, I really didn't feel like eating but dang a nice cold sprite would have been nice.  I had visitors, phone calls and family that came by that whole day to keep me company, along with my wonderful handsome husband that never left my side. My friend Lindsey was able to drop off a book and few magazines for me to read.

If you know our friend Lindsey you know she is a germ hater! Her two sweet boys where having a party that weekend so she wanted to keep all sickness out of their house!
(sorry these next two pictures are super small but when I enlarge them they get blurry, so who knows)


 And Aletha spent several different times over there but this time she brought sweet Addi to see me!  


 I am one lucky girl, I have the worlds best friends, church family, and family. Bless my friend Amanda's heart she came to the hospital alot, she works there third shift so every time she would come I would be knocked out! That afternoon they came around 4:00 to take me down to the holding room to get me ready for surgery, they had an emergency in the OR so it pushed my surgery back to 8:00, my sweet family never left my side I know they were so tired. Surgery went great both came out with no problems, but I woke up SO sick, I tell ya throwing up going to thru the motions after not eating or drinking for two days and then having gas in my chest and stomach was some pretty painful stuff. After LOTS of meds, and being taking care of by the WONDERFUL surgical service team I was back in my room ready for bed by midnight, Mitch and I both slept the whole night it was nice!
this was right before they took my back to the OR, you can tell I was tired by the bags under my eyes

The next day was spent recovering, sleeping, lots of sprite drinking, facetimeing with my boys and visiting with friends and family. I was able to come home Saturday. My week this week has been very off/crazy/wild/different but yet so blessed. My parents have been awesome with helping with the boys they have picked them up everyday, took them to their house, fed them, bathed them, and then brought King home at bed time, put him to bed, picked up more clothes for Miller then took him back to their house to spend the night. Tuesday night my mom had to work so Aletha stepped in and got my kids fed, in the bed then stayed with me until my hubby got home. AWE speaking of my hubby this man is my rock I can't tell you or him how blessed I am to have him in my life he has been by FAR the best. He has taken care of me, the house, my flowers, everything you name it he has done it, he even washed my hair over the sink because I wasn't able to shower. Love I tell ya LOVE. Our Sunday school class has provided meals for us this week and boy have we eaten good, YUMMY. We are so thankful for our church family.




I plan on Sunday starting to get back to my "normal" life. I haven't been able to pick up, love on, cuddle, anything over 10 pounds, yes that would mean both my boys :( this week and I still have a few days to go. I plan to go back to work on Monday and follow up with my Dr. on Tuesday. Thanks again for everyone that has prayed for me and my family. I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sorry this has been such a long post, sorry we have been a little MIA.. hang with us, sorry some of these pictures are blurry :( 
 Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

- Erica










No comments:

Post a Comment