Monday, April 9, 2012

Heller Easter Weekend

So we are back from visiting family this past weekend for Easter and trying our best to get back
into our normal routine!  We went to West Virginia which is where my daddy is from and where I was born (actually is what Virginia but same thing right?) and it's where most of my dad's siblings still live.  I love getting together with all of them because for one there's ALOT of them.  My dad has 7 brothers and sisters (there originally was 8) so there are tons of cousins and second cousins! 

Even though my Mamaw passed away a few years ago my Aunt now lives in her house so it's still the usual meeting grounds for family and I love getting to see my kids get into and love the things I did when I was their age.  So sorry this might be picture overload so bare with me.

We started out Friday afternoon dying Easter eggs.

The kids spent the night with my parents that night so the next morning I picked them up and we hit the road.  The kids slept most of the way so we didn't have to make any stops so we got there in record time!
And then there was creek playing

And shotgun shooting!

We went back to our hotel that night and good grief the kids were wired up from playing and being around all the family that they didn't fall asleep until 11:00!
 Thank goodness they FINALLY crashed!  This Easter Bunny was ready to get the show on the road so she could hit the sack!
Then we headed to church Easter morning and after that headed back to my Aunt's house to have a big ol' lunch with the family!



Better put on some shades!  My legs could seriously blinde someone with their whiteness!



My little firecracker was a mess that day!  She wouldn't leave her head band in her hair and was not having getting her picture taken! So sadly I never got a picture of the four of us:( 

 Me and my momma

My mom and dad


Some more gun shooting!

Then we had our Easter egg hunt.  (If you're still following along bless your heart I know this is a ton of pictures)



And here is my last picture.  This is my daddy with all his living siblings.  It was especially nice to get the whole family together because my Uncle on the far left has been very sick lately, like not good at all sick.  He's been on dialysis for so many years, way more than a person should be and this past year his poor body is just gradually getting tired.  If you're the praying kind could you say a pray for his comfort?  It was so sad to see him so frail and weak.  I don't have to ask for peace or any of those things, he's the most godly man I truly think I have ever met and I have no doubt when his time comes I know I'll see him again some day!


There you have it!  Our Easter weekend.  We had so much fun and always do getting together with my daddy's family!  Aiden is already asking when we're going back!!

Happy Tuesday Y'all!
-Aletha 

No comments:

Post a Comment